01 02 03 The Closet by Christie: Equestrian Style with a Chaps Plaid Blazer 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Equestrian Style with a Chaps Plaid Blazer

34

A few weeks ago, we had unusually warm weather here in New Jersey. I decided to take advantage of it and wear my new Chaps plaid blazer. I got it on sale at Kohl's and was so excited to get such a great deal on it. It was less than $30! I've been so into plaid this season and it reminds me of an equestrian style, which I love! All it needs is elbow patches! 

I paired the blazer with a cream sleeveless ribbed turtleneck, also from Kohl's. You may be thinking, uhh sleeveless- at this time of year? It seems like a sleeveless turtleneck is kind of contradicting, but it's actually perfect for pairing with blazers and cardigans. This way you are still warm and 'with the seasons' but you don't have to deal with bulky sleeves appearing bunchy or feeling constricted. I always say, fashion is all about comfort. If you're uncomfortable, it shows! You have to feel your best to look your best!


Another recent find that I just have to share is my Simply Vera Wang jeggings! I wrote about it in my previous post What I Wore: Christmas Style, which featured the pair I have in olive. This time I'm wearing the classic denim style. I'm compelled to share this item again because it's such a recent love of mine! I do have another pair of jeggings that I got years ago from Nordstrom, but these are definitely more pajama-like. They're great for being comfortable, but they are also perfect to pair with boots or even ballet flats.


Love my look? You can get it, too!

1- Plaid Equestrian Blazer: Chaps by Kohl's
 *item pictured no longer available, try this one: Chaps Peplum Wool Blazer
2- Sleeveless Ribbed Turtleneck: 212 Collection by Kohl's, $17.99
3- Faux Denim Jeggings: Simply Vera Wang by Kohl's, $14.99
4- Flower Pendant Necklace: LC Lauren Conrad by Kohl's
 *item pictured no longer available, search the collection: LC Lauren Conrad Necklaces
5- Embellished Cap Pointed-Toe Flats: White House Black Market
 *item pictured no longer available, search the collection: White House Black Market Flats


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38