01 02 03 The Closet by Christie: Outfit of the Day: Pantone's Radiant Orchid 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Outfit of the Day: Pantone's Radiant Orchid

34
outfit-of-the-day, blogger-look-of-the-day, how-to-style-radiant-orchid, how-to-style-radiant-orchid-lips, pantone-color-of-the-year-2014, radiant-orchid-beauty, radiant-orchid-lip-stain, radiant-orchid-lips, radiant-orchid-pantone-color-of-the-year,

Pantone announced Radiant Orchid as their Color of the Year for 2014 and the excitement continues! Yesterday, I walked you through the basics of styling orchid lipstick (see previous post: How-To Style Guide: Radiant Orchid Lips). Today, as my look of the day post, I'm going to show you another way to style orchid beauty products and how I did so in my real life with items in my closet. 

As we discussed in yesterday's post, the key to styling a radiant orchid lip is to use a neutral color palette, a classic silhouette, and timeless pieces. These are the absolute best tips to follow, especially if this trend is out of your comfort zone.

outfit-of-the-day, blogger-look-of-the-day, how-to-style-radiant-orchid, how-to-style-radiant-orchid-lips, pantone-color-of-the-year-2014, radiant-orchid-beauty, radiant-orchid-lip-stain, radiant-orchid-lips, radiant-orchid-pantone-color-of-the-year,

For my look, I decided to go with a very feminine aesthetic and a combination of a neutral and monochromatic color palette. The palette includes soft white, gray, radiant orchid, periwinkle, and lavender. 

outfit-of-the-day, blogger-look-of-the-day, how-to-style-radiant-orchid, how-to-style-radiant-orchid-lips, pantone-color-of-the-year-2014, radiant-orchid-beauty, radiant-orchid-lip-stain, radiant-orchid-lips, radiant-orchid-pantone-color-of-the-year,

I was a little less daring by going with a subtle orchid shimmer for my lips. I used Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Fuchsia Fusion with a Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Sugar Violet. The fuchsia lipstick gave my lip a lovely mix of purple and pink hues, while the lip gloss added a nice radiant orchid shimmer. This gave me that bright color pop I was looking for without stepping too far out of my comfort zone. It's the perfect way to embrace this trend at the office!

I styled my hair in a nice french braid sock bun. The french braiding is my signature style! I love doing different types of funky braids in my hair. Once you know how to do a basic french braid, it's really easy but has a real 'wow' effect! Trust me, it's easier than it looks. For the sock bun, I used a wonderful tutorial by Carylee of More Pieces of Me. She showed me that teasing your hair makes all the difference when creating a big, full sock bun. Check out her tutorial: The Bun by More Pieces of Me.

outfit-of-the-day, blogger-look-of-the-day, how-to-style-radiant-orchid, how-to-style-radiant-orchid-lips, pantone-color-of-the-year-2014, radiant-orchid-beauty, radiant-orchid-lip-stain, radiant-orchid-lips, radiant-orchid-pantone-color-of-the-year,

1- Elle Pleated Blouse from Kohl's, 2- Elle Rose Skirt from Kohl's, 3- White House Black Market Gold Rose Pendant, 4- The Limited Rhinestone Jewel Earrings, 5- Cole Haan Gray Pumps


Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38